Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My last thoughts before going under the knife...

I had some minor surgery yesterday, a couple of lumps removed from my back. I wasn't aware prior to yesterday that I'd actually be anesthetized, figuring it was minor surgery with just a little localized numbing.

I've always asked questions, watched them when they stick me with the needle, always wanting to know what's going on (or in). So I was quite aware and present when they put the sleeping solution in. I was quite aware of the feeling that I was going under, the heaviness, the loss of motor functions. It's quite a cool feeling. I kept repeating, "I'm about outta here, huh?"

Anyhow, my last thoughts/words were "Thank you, Jesus." It was a warm, peaceful feeling, quite comforting.

I really do hope that what we are taught to and come to believe is true in the end. I really do hope someday to meet him and see the truth, knowing even as we are now known.

No comments: