Sunday, June 10, 2007

I don't get it...

Could be because I just watched Jesus Camp and was a bit freaked out by it or it could be because I worked all night but I was at church this morning and everyone was really excited and the presence of God was thick in the atmosphere and I realized I don't get it. What was the fuss about? What is it that we get all worked up about?

When altar call came I went along because I didn't feel like being the only one sitting there. Poor motivation? Sure. Hasn't everyone done this? Why do we go to the altar week after week? The whole "if you..." question always posited before altar call backs you into a corner, as if by not going to the altar you are somehow not the answer in the "if" question.

Something was missing today. Maybe it was sleep.

No comments: