Saturday, July 28, 2018

Worship Songs and Theology...Again

Decided to listen to some worship songs this morning, the ones that we sing at the church we currently attend. And I listen, I wonder who the 'You' and 'the Lord' we are singing to is.

I follow the trail by typing in the artist name and 'Oneness' and find a link to a Oneness Pentecostal website and conference page with the artist.

To the best of my knowledge, our church subscribes to the AG statement of belief. However, we are singing a song rooted in Oneness theology. Is this 'In Essentials Unity, In Non-Essentials Liberty' and I'm splitting hairs or have we lost our way and are following strange gods? Are we within the 'bounds' of doctrine or are the naysayers correct about historical Church doctrine and this is truly a 'new' move of the Spirit unfettered from institutional control?

Maybe I'm getting old but...

No comments: